“This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Who would have thought 20 years ago, that you could shop at the largest retailer in the world – from your couch, and have almost anything delivered in a couple days.
That’s why getting a free Amazon gift cards is almost like getting cash.
Whether it’s for yourself, or a gift for someone else, you can’t go wrong.
- Kids (even your own) change tastes so often it’s hard to get just the right thing.
- Relatives or friends you don’t see often are also hard to buy for.
- And any coworker receiving a free Amazon gift card in a grab bag would take it home and get exactly what he/she wants.
Shopping isn’t as simple now as strolling down Main Street with a hot chocolate. In fact, traffic, parking, and crowds are probably why online shopping has now surpassed in-person shopping.
You may not want to use gift cards for everyone. But having a few available will take some of the overwhelm out of gift giving and save your most valuable resource – time.
So here, I’ve found ten of the best ways to sit on your couch and earn free Amazon gift cards.The most common way to earn them is by filling out online surveys, but there are a handful of other pretty easy ways.
Let’s check them out first:
1. The easiest way to earn free Amazon gift cards, is also a way to do your finances a favor.
Have you heard of the Personal Capital app? It’s free, and the big advantage of it, is that once you install it and connect whatever accounts you have, you can see a snapshot of your entire financial life on one screen. Your net worth, your retirement accounts, checking and saving, and any other assets.
The nice thing is, they’ll give you a free $20 Amazon gift card just for installing the app. There’s no time limit, or anything to buy, and nobody’s gonna verify that you actually use it. But really, you should.
Personal Capital isn’t meant to move your money around, in fact it can’t. The app only has read access to see balances. It uses the same encryption that banks use. But what’s great about it, is that it can do simple projections for you:
- What year you can retire in, and how much money you’d have available.
- It’ll let you mix and match certain scenarios, like if you were to inherit some money, or decided to work part-time when you retire.
- It’ll scan your investment accounts and tell you whether you’re paying too much in fees.
Personal Capital does have an option where you can pay to have a professional advisor, but you can refuse that. The free app alone is easy to use, and is one of the most popular money apps around.
2. Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards by Trading in Your Old Stuff.
Amazon’s trade-in program is kind of like an online garage sale (minus the lawn chairs and donuts). There are thousands of eligible items you can trade in, including video games, Kindle E-readers, books, and more.
When you trade things in, you can use the credit toward purchases, but you can also redeem it for Amazon gift cards. The process couldn’t be easier. You get an immediate offer and free shipping.
Use it from your laptop or via the Amazon App on either Android or iOS phones. Just open the app and scan or search for the item you want to trade in. If it’s eligible to trade in, there will be a Trade-In button on the product pages.
- 30 Practical Tips to Generate Quick Cash for the Holidays
- Work at Home – 20 Major Companies Who Regularly Hire Remote Workers
- 7 Simple Tasks That Kept $4000 More in Our Pocket
- 10 Things We Stopped Buying to Escape Paycheck to Paycheck Life
- How to Start Your Own Blog in 15 Minutes
- 15 Secrets to Save Money on Amazon
- 28 Work from Home Jobs to Ditch Your Commute
3. Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards with Ibotta by Submitting Your Receipts.
If you’re not familiar with Ibotta, it’s a free app that offers new rebates every week. Most people use it to earn rebates on their groceries, but you can also get your rebates in the form of free Amazon gift cards.
It’s simple to use:
- After you write your shopping list, check Ibotta’s rebates for this week.
- Let’s say you have bread on your shopping list. And you see that Ibotta will rebate .50 cents on any brand of bread. Just select that in the Ibotta app. Then select any other items you’ll be buying that have rebates available.
- When you get home, use the app to scan your receipt, submit it, and you’re done. The rebates are deposited into your account.
If you apply your rebates toward an Amazon gift card, then of course, you’d need to reach the denomination of the card. But if you use it for grocery shopping, it won’t take long at all to reach it.
Ibotta is partnered with over 300 retail chains, restaurants, movie theaters, convenience stores, home improvement centers, pet stores, and pharmacies nationwide. Places like Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, and many grocery stores.
4. Promote Amazon Products to Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards
Another great way to earn free Amazon gift cards is by promoting Amazon products on your own blog.
Here’s how you’d do it:
- You’d create your own blog centered around a particular niche. If you’re not sure how to get up and running, check out my tutorial that’ll get you started in around 15 minutes.
- Now you join the Amazon Associates program. It’s free to sign up. And for any product you want to recommend, they’ll give you your own link to place on your site.
- So for instance, if you created a blog centered around dog care, you might write an article describing a certain training technique. And in it, you recommend a certain leash. When someone clicks your link and purchases that leash, you’ll earn a commission. You can elect to have it payable either in cash or Amazon gift cards.
If want to go this route, or if you’ve been thinking about starting your own blog, it’s pretty simple to get started.
Your blog won’t be raking in hundreds of dollars next week, but if you stick with it, this could surpass any of these methods by far.
Fill Out Simple Surveys to Earn Free Amazon Gift Cards
Participating in surveys is one of the easiest, most flexible ways to earn money for two reasons:
- You can do them whenever you want. Your lunch break, when the kids are napping. Whenever.
- Each one takes no more than 10-15 minutes.
These are surveys conducted by companies so they can get a better idea of what customers prefer. They want to be sure they’re creating products that people will buy. So they’ll ask for your opinion on certain products, or maybe movie trailers or short videos.
You’re not gonna get rich doing surveys, but they’re a way to earn some income whenever YOU have the time.
Maybe you’re a Mom who only has short periods of time available. Or you have time while you wait for your kids at sports practice. Or you can bang out a few surveys during your lunch break.
Their flexibility makes surveys one of the more popular ways to earn Amazon gift cards.
So here are some of the most established survey sites:
5. Use Survey Junkie to earn Amazon gift cards.
Really simple to sign up for and use, Survey Junkie has over 5 million users. When you sign up, you’ll fill out a profile, and from that, they’ll know what types of surveys to send you. Then you’ll fill out the surveys any time, from any device. Whenever you have about 15 minutes.
Here’s one reason Survey Junkie is one of the better ways to earn free Amazon gift cards:
With a lot of surveys, they’re looking for people from a certain demographic group, so you may only get one per week. Survey Junkie sends them out almost every day, so there’s a lot of opportunity to earn money.
6. Earn Amazon gift cards using Swagbucks.
Swagbucks offers a lot of ways to earn money from home. You can take surveys, but you can also watch videos and then give an opinion. Or you can also use their browser extension because they value your search preferences.
You can also earn “SB points” by making purchases that you’d be making anyway, and then redeem those points for gift cards to a lot of major stores, including Amazon.
Swagbucks has been around for a long time, and they give out an average of 7000 gift cards each day.
7. Take some of the most unique surveys with Ipsos I-Say.
Ipsos I-say lets you know right away, that each day your experience will be different, fun and thought provoking.
You’ll be able to earn Amazon gift cards for answering surveys and also through product testing.
Or you can connect with other i-Say members by answering polls around trending topics.
They’ll try to offer you surveys based on your profile, but you’ll still see a lot of different topics. Things like certain brands, entertainment, advertising, lifestyle and more. Your opinion is used by businesses to tailor their products.
Ipsos will give you a bonus based the number of surveys you complete each year–up to 600 bonus points. And you’ll also be automatically entered into Ipsos’ prize drawings for cash and vacation getaways.
8. American Consumer Opinion
Joining American Consumer Opinion is a great way to get higher payouts – like up to $50 per survey, but there’s one catch. They don’t send them out as often as some of the other survey sites.
That’s why most people who do surveys will join several. So if you go a few weeks between one, you’ll have a few others to earn income with in the meantime.
American Consumer Opinion will not only send surveys, but sometimes they look for people to evaluate products or give an opinion on certain products.
9. Earn Amazon gift cards with Harris Poll Online.
Harris Poll has been around for about 45 years. They also do a lot of political polling so there’s a good chance you’ve heard someone quoting the latest Harris Poll. But a big part of their business is conducting surveys for businesses.
They’ll have you fill out some questions first so they know what demographic they’re surveying. Harris does surveys on a lot of different topics, so there’s a good chance you’ll see a lot of surveys to fill out.
They’re done anonymously, but you may be able to see the results of certain surveys you take.
And for each survey you take, you’ll earn points which you can redeem for Amazon gift cards (or Starbuck & iTunes).
Opinion Outpost is pretty flexible because you can receive Amazon gift cards as well as iTunes gift cards and PayPal deposits.
Each quarter, Opinion Outpost does $10,000 cash prize drawing. I haven’t won it (yet) but for every survey you complete, you’ll receive one entry.
One reason I like Opinion Outpost is that the surveys are really short, like 10 minutes or so. And though most survey sites require you to reach a threshold before you start to cash out, their threshold is only $5.
11. Prize Rebel
Prize Rebel has paid out over 16 million dollars since 2007. There’s about 8 million members now, so they’re one of the more popular sites. Prize Rebel gives out several different rewards, but I usually select Amazon gift cards.
Prize Rebel is simple to use too. They’ll show you an “Offer Board” when you login, so you can select from a lot of different surveys and videos. Each one will show the approximate time it’ll take, and the points you’ll earn.
The last survey I took was just an easy series of questions about carpet. Questions like:
- What type of store I’d be most likely purchase carpet from.
- Whether I was satisfied with my last purchase.
- How much weight I put in other people’s recommendations before I buy.
- Whether I’ve heard of certain flooring companies.
As you complete each survey, you see a listing along with your points and your payout. As a new “bronze” member, you’ll be paid within 24 hours of completing a survey. Once you accumulate 1000 points and become a “gold” member, then you’ll be paid within minutes of completing a survey.
Here’s another reason it’s nice to have a few Amazon gift cards.
Have you ever seen something nice for yourself, but you hesitate to buy it because it’s too expensive? I needed a ski jacket last year, but the one I wanted was just too much.
But the $50 Amazon gift card I received as a gift, put it right in my price range.
If you try the survey sites, one question I see a lot, is whether you should join several sites, or just stick with one.
Here’s what to keep in mind:
- Most surveys only take 10 to 15 minutes, but sometimes surveys are looking for opinions from a particular demographic. So when you join a few, if you don’t happen to match one survey, you’ll match another.
- Some of the survey tasks will vary. You might enjoy filling out simple multiple choice questions, or maybe you prefer watching short ads or videos. So you can choose which ones work better for you.
However you cut it, there’s a lot of ways to earn free Amazon gift cards that can work within your schedule. Hopefully, a few here will work for you.
If you have any other cool ways to earn Amazon gift cards, let me know in the comments below!