“This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Wouldn’t it be nice to open your mailbox and see a check with your name on it instead of the usual bills? I know, it happens far too seldom. We’ve all seen the ads promising to make money on the internet. Or how to make extra money fast. But there always seems to be a catch.
A few years ago, I was working full-time already, but I wanted to finally eliminate our credit card debt. I knew just a few hundred extra dollars each month would do it.
So I started researching how to earn money from home without any investment.
The easiest way by far, that I’ve found to make money from home, has been through survey companies.
They’ve been a perfect combination of flexibility, simple work, and literally no-cost to start earning money.
Four Simple Ways to Make Money From Home
What’s a survey company?
Well, suppose you owned a sneaker company and you’re gonna have the factory make 30,000 new pairs for the Spring season. What colors should you have them make? How many men’s versus women’s? What sports should they be for?
Businesses need information about customer preferences in order to make products that they’ll be able to sell. But they already have a primary focus – like making sneakers. So, they’ll pay companies that specialize in market research to make sure they’re targeting the right customer. And those market research companies will pay you for your opinion.
You won’t get rich by taking surveys, but it’s a great way to make money from home, and do it literally whenever you want.
Why Use Surveys to Make Money From Home?
Here’s why I’ve used surveys:
- They were perfect when my time was unpredictable. Like when my kids napped at various times of the day, or over the next few years, when I’d find myself sitting in the car waiting for soccer practice to end.
- If you’re trying to pay down debt, it’s amazing how a few hundred extra dollars dedicated to debt can help.
- Or maybe you just need money for something – a vacation, Christmas, or something nice for the house, but your budget is already stretched to the limit.
Surveys are just a convenient way to make money from home on your terms. When and where you can.
Whether it’s 15-20 minutes on your lunch break, or waiting for the kids, or even from the couch watching a movie. They’re simple enough, that they don’t require a lot of thought. It’s just a matter of running down a list and checking boxes.
The companies below, are the ones I’ve found are easy to sign up for and simple to use. It’s best to use multiple companies because surveys are usually targeted to a certain demographic group. So, if you don’t fall into one group, you’ll be in another and you’ll receive enough surveys to make it worth your while.
Here are the ones I’ve used and was able to receive regular payments from. They’re all free to sign up.
Survey Junkie – Really simple to sign up for and use, Survey Junkie has over 5 million users. For surveys you take, payments are made right to your Paypal account.
Inbox Dollars – In 2016 Inbox Dollars paid out over 50 million dollars to users. One way to earn through Inbox Dollars would be to participate in surveys. But you can also play all sorts of games, like card games, word games, or strategy games and get paid while you play. Or if you use their toolbar for your searches you’ll earn money just for doing the normal searches you’d be doing anyway. Another way to earn through Inbox Dollars is by referring friends. For every friend you refer, you’ll earn 10% of what they earn.
Paid Surveys at Home
Paid Surveys at Home – Paid Surveys at Home will pay you not only for taking surveys but also for watching movie trailers (really!) or for trying new products or participating in focus groups.
Swagbucks – Swagbucks is one of the more flexible ways to make money from home. You can take surveys, but you can also watch videos and give an opinion. You can search the web and earn because Swagbucks values your search preferences. You can also earn SB points by making purchases that you’d be making anyway, and then redeem those points for gift cards to major stores like Walmart, Target, Amazon and Starbucks.
Some people are reluctant to sign up for anything online because understandably, there are some companies that aren’t legitimate. But there are a few things you can keep an eye out for.
- Be on the lookout for any site that’s asking for a fee to sign up. There are some sites that’ll promise you can earn money from home without any investment, and then ask you to pay for a membership. None of these survey sites ask you for any money to take part. They’re all well established. If you come across any others that do ask for a signup fee, I’d avoid them.
- Most survey sites are a great way to make money from home but they’re not designed to make an entire income from. So if you encounter a site that is promising you several thousand dollars per month, I’d be very wary.
If you’re stretched to the limit each month, and spending everything you take in, then cutting out your $2 coffee may help, but it’s not gonna move the needle much. Making extra money dedicated to what you need it for, will.
The thing is, we don’t have decades to assume that one day we’ll get caught up. The post below, is a great example of how saving just a few hundred dollars as early as possible in life can mean the difference between retiring on $16k per year, or $100k per year.
If your schedule is full… you find yourself up at the crack of dawn, and falling into bed at midnight, then making money from home through surveys could work out well for you. It’s one of the only ways I know of, to earn money in little snippets of 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there.
In fact, I’ve used them to eliminate the last few credit card debts we had, and when that was gone, I kept them up and paid for Christmas too. If you try a few of these out, let me know how you do. I’d love to hear!
Here are some other ways to generate income without commuting to an office and sitting in a cubicle:
- 25 Realistic Ways to Boost Your Income by $1000 per Month
- 14 Ways To Make Extra Money – No Experience Required
- She Just Snagged a Job to Work From Home – Here are 20 Companies that Will Hire You Too